How to Make Money Blogging in 2019 – A Beginner’s Guide
I have been blogging since 2015 on Techies Digest. In the 3 years of blogging, I have committed so many mistakes from creating a blog to write a quality content.
My readers often ask me about to write a post that will help them to Make Money Blogging. Today in this article, I will share everything which I learned during my blogging journey.
For many bloggers, blogging is just a part-time hobby because to live a life money plays a very important role, and without money you can’t survive. According to my personal opinion, one should start blogging as a part-time and when money starts rolling in, he/she can choose blogging as a full time career.
Today, I am going to share complete blueprint from starting a blog to make money blogging. I will try to cover everything in this article. If still anything is missing, please do comment below in comment section.
1) Start a Blog
To start a blog, there are two most important skills you must have. First, eagerness to learn new stuff and second writing which is very crucial aspect of blogging.
If you have no technical knowledge, you can still learn some tips to handle and operate your blog. If you can express yourself with writing, you can become a blogger.
To create an ultimate blog, you can refer our How to Start a Blog guide. This guide has covered following 7 steps in detail that will help you to start a blog in just 15 mins.
- Step #1: Decide a Niche (What to blog about)
- Step #2: Choose a Blogging Platform (self-hosted WordPress recommended)
- Step #3: Pick a Domain Name (Choose a name for your blog)
- Step #4: Find a Web Host (Reliable web hosting provider SiteGround recommended)
- Step #5: Install WordPress (1-Click WordPress Installation)
- Step #6: Design & Use your Blog (Configure, Design & Tweak your Blog)
- Step #7: Secure your WordPress Website (iThemes Security Plugin recommended)
- Step #8: Useful Resources for Blogging
Must Read: FREE Ultimate Guide – How to Start a Blog
2) Write Unique Quality Content:
After creating, configuring and designing a blog, the most important thing is to create original and high quality content to keep your audience engaged.
If people find your website useful and unique, they may come back again or link to your content on their own websites. This can help attract more people to your website over a period of time.
- 5 Easy Steps to Create High Quality Content for Your Blog
3) Build up your Audience (Email List & Guest Blogging):
After creating high quality valuable content, start building genuine and loyal readership Via Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn), forums, groups, guest blogging and by commenting on other blogs. Look after your readers by replying their comments and emails.
Find people in your niche who could use the information you provide, interact and help them to grow. Start collecting email addresses If you want more subscribers to your blog, it is very important to let your readers know that you want them to subscribe by making your subscription forms and buttons visible.
- Top 15 Tricks to Grow your Subscribers
Recommend only the best products that you personally use, not just to make money. By this way you can build a loyal readers community that will help you to grow as well.
4) Learn SEO to Drive Organic Traffic:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of getting free, natural or organic traffic from most popular search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. It improves the visibility of a website on organic search engine result pages (SERPs), by incorporating search engine friendly elements into a website.
Search engine optimization is broken down into two basic areas:
- On-Page SEO: On-Page SEO is the act of optimizing different parts of your website that affect your search engine rankings like Title Tags, Headings, URL Structure, ALT text, Page Content, Internal Linking and Page load speed.
- Off-Page SEO: Off-page SEO focuses on increasing the authority of your domain through the act of getting links from other websites. The main factor is the number and quality of back-links to your website.
SEO is the most important factor to get your post on Search Engine’s first page. To understand the basics of SEO, you can read below articles.
- What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & How it Works?
- What is the Difference between On-Page Vs Off-Page SEO?
- The Ultimate Guide to On-Page SEO for your Blog or Website
- Top 10 Off-Page SEO Strategies to Build Your Online Reputation
5) Promote your Website to Drive Traffic:
Let’s suppose that you have a best website in the World and you are writing unique quality content but without effective advertising no one will know about it.
There are many websites and online platforms available to help you to get your page up to the top of the search engines. We have categorized them in 5 different categories.
- Search Engine Listing – Submit new content to the search engine directories like Google, Yahoo!, Bing etc, so it can be indexed.
- Social Media Marketing – Promote content on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social media websites.
- Social Bookmarking and Curating – Promote content on Reddit, Delicious, Stumble Upon and Digg.
- Email signature – Very effective method for one-to-one communication with someone via email.
- Reciprocal Linking – Focus on creating high quality links by Guest Blogging and Forum Posting.
Top 50 Free Places to Promote Your Website Online
6) Learn Google Analytics:
Google Analytics is a powerful marketing analytics solutions for companies of all shapes and sizes. There are several ways to collect data in Analytics, depending on whether you want to track a website, an app, or other Internet-connected device. You can start analyzing your site’s traffic in just 3 steps.
- Sign up for Google Analytics – All you need to enter some basic info about your website you’d like to monitor.
- Add tracking code – You’ll get a tracking code to paste onto your pages so Google knows when your site is visited.
- Learn about your audience – In a few hours you’ll be able to start seeing data about your website.
How To Set Up Google Analytics – A Beginner’s Guide
7) Learn from Other’s Mistake:
As a newbie I committed so many mistakes and after a year I learned that I don’t have so much time to repeat all the mistakes which other bloggers have already made. So finally I decided…..
Why can’t I learn from their mistakes?
I started reading other experienced bloggers and learned so many things on the way. It doesn’t mean I can’t commit any mistake today but that will be my new learning.
So it is always advised to read other experienced bloggers and learn from their mistakes.
- 10 Common Blogging Mistakes you should Avoid
8) Make Money from Blogging:
The best and easiest way to make money from blogging is Google AdSense but there are many ways to make money from blogs. In this guide I will share 7 different ways to make money from Blogging.
- Advertising Income
- Affiliate Marketing Programs
- Recurring Income
- Organizing Events
- Promoting the Products
- Provide Consulting Services
- Write & Sell an E-Book
I hope this article will help you in your blogging journey to make money from your blog. I’m continuously publishing new articles on the topic of monetizing blogs so please subscribe to Smart Blogging Ideas newsletter (it’s completely free).
Subscribe to get free blogging advice, tips and in-depth articles to Make Money Blogging