Blogging Resources & Tools for Starting a Blog (2018 Edition)
Do you know why a successful blogger keeps a Blogging Resources page?
The reason is that it takes a lot of Hard Work, Money and Time to experiment and finding a reliable and flexible automation tool. If you also get into this whole process, you will also do the same mistakes which someone else has already made. That’s why successful bloggers keeps a Blogging Resource page that helps newbie bloggers to start their blogging journey.
“It’s good to learn from your mistakes, but
It’s better to learn from other people’s mistakes, because
Life is too short to make them all yourself”
One of the best ways to save hard work, money and time is to select the right tools for your online blogging business. Here the main dilemma is which tools to select.
To overcome this problem, we have listed some recommended blogging resources that I’ve personally used or recommended by top professional bloggers whom I trust. I hope this will help you to achieve your desired goals in your entire blogging journey.
Best Blogging Platforms:
WordPress.org is a self hosted WordPress blogging platform which I highly recommend to everyone. I have never used any other blogging platform because of it’s flexibility, beautiful designs, powerful features, and the freedom to build anything you want. SmartBloggingIdeas.com is also hosted on wordpress.org.
If you are a newbie blogger and don’t want to spend a penny, you can start blogging with free hosted blogging platform. But if you want to earn money online, I would recommend you to host your website/blog with WordPress.org.
Reliable Web Hosting Providers:
There are thousands of options available when it comes to select a reliable hosting provider for your WordPress blog. I highly recommend you to opt for BlueHost.com and get a FREE Domain Name.
BlueHost.com is one of the oldest web hosts started in 2003 and powering over 2 million websites, Bluehost offers the ultimate WordPress platform with WordPress-centric dashboards & tools along with 1-click installation, a FREE domain name, email, FTP, and more. BlueHost is officially recommended by WordPress.org.
SiteGround.com is also recommended by WordPress.org. SiteGround was founded in 2004 and now hosting more than 1,000,000 domains. They provide 1-click installer and free transfer and offer SuperCacher on all plans above the StartUp. Geeks can use WP staging and Git integration and on GoGeek, cloud and dedicated plans.
Largest Domain Names Providers:
Domain is the name of your website, it should be unique, concise and easily memorable so that your readers can easily remember your website address.
GoDaddy.com is world’s largest #1 domain name registrar who manages more than 75+ million Domains. They provide real-time monitoring to make sure that your business always up and running. You can call their Award-winning 24/7 support team for any help in your online business. You can also book your domain name @ a super affordable rate.
1and1.com – Register your perfect domain name with 1&1 @ $0.99 for first year and get Whois privacy, 1 email account with 2 GB mailbox space & unlimited email forwarding, free SSL certificate, Unlimited subdomains, Advanced DNS management, Multiple year registration, 24/7 customer support and Secure your domain from hijacking risks with domain lock.
Email Marketing Software:
FeedBurner.com – FeedBurner is a web feed management provider launched in 2004. It is a FREE tool for managing your RSS feeds.
ConvertKit.com – Convertkit is the best email marketing for online creators. Your email list is your biggest asset and convertKit helps you use that list to grow your business through attractive forms, trackable data, and simple but powerful automations. Try Convertkit FREE for 14 Days and build a system to fuel your business with easy integrations.
Aweber.com – AWeber is also most reliable email service. AWeber helps 100,000+ small businesses to build their audience and get more customers. Try AWeber FREE for 30 days and access all the email tools from day one, including autoresponders, segmentation, reports and integrations. Reach your business goals with AWeber’s email marketing and automation platform.
Blog Design / WordPress Themes:
- My Theme Shop – Fully Responsive and Mobile-Ready Premium WordPress Themes.
- StudioPress Genesis Theme – StudioPress developed Genesis, which is the industry standard in WordPress design frameworks.
- DIY Thesis Theme – Thesis the ultimate design and template manager for WordPress.
- OptinMonster – Best plugin for creating and A/B test beautiful lead capture forms without a developer. 276,000+ websites use the OptinMonster lead generation software to get more email subscribers.
- ThirstyAffiliates – ThirstyAffiliates is an affiliate link management plugin for WordPress that helps you organise, redirect and cloak affiliate links. Monetize your site by Enable advanced features to really turbo charge your affiliate earnings.
- WPBeginner – A best resource for new WordPress users (Highly Recommended).
Social Media Tool:
- Hootsuite – (Supports Google plus too): Perfect tool for managing all social profile from one place.
Image Capturing & Video Recording Tool:
- SnagIt! – Best tool for screen-capture, record their screen and image editing.
- Camtasia – Camtasia Studio and Camtasia for Mac is a reliable screen recording and video editing tool.
- SEMRUSH – Best tool for competitive keyword research and business intelligence. More than 48 million domains and 106 million keywords.
- LongTailPro – Best Tool for a fast and easy way to find long tail keywords.
- MAXCDN – MaxCDN helps us drastically improve our site speed by serving all of our static content using their cloud network. Its very cheap and easy to configure with WordPress.
Blog Monetization Programs:
- Google AdSense – Google Adsense is the best contextual ad network (Highly Recommended).
- BuySellAds – For quality direct advertisement.
- ShareAsale – A leading provider of performance marketing solutions for the past 15 Years.
- Commission Junction – Connect with consumers and drive more sales with the world’s largest, most productive publisher network.
- Clickbank – A global internet retailer with 200 million customers worldwide & growing.
If you want to make this page more informative for other bloggers too, please send us your suggestion and feedback on [email protected]
DMCA is the #1 provider of Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Takedown Services and Website Content Protection tools.
Subscribe to get free blogging advice, tips and in-depth articles to Make Money Blogging